Release Date: March 28, 2013
Update on Use of Personal Data
"Personal data" means any personally identifying information as more particularly defined in the Ordinance.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect and keep information about how to reach you (such as name, title, firm, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone and fax numbers) and information about which specific markets, functional areas, and types of information are pertinent to you. We use this to help provide you with information that's useful to you, and to avoid bothering you with information that isn't.
WHEN WE COLLECT IT
Submission by you: This information is collected when you fill out forms including on-line forms, or respond to one of our e-mail notices, register for our events and activities, provide us with your business card, write to us or give us information orally.
Submitting personal information is not required to use the WiFA website, except to access pass worded portions of the site.
Anonymous access and Cookies: When you visit our site but do not submit any personal data on-line, we may make a record of your visit by IP Address and by cookies.
WHAT WE DO WITH IT
Data collected with one of the above methods may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- To process your request for services provided by WiFA.
- To process billing, payment and collection of donations.
- To promote any directly marketed services including networking events, seminars, education series, gatherings and mentoring programs organized by WiFA and/or other business organizations.
- To respond to, handle and process any enquiries submitted by you.
- To send information about WiFA or any of its event invitations or activities.
- To provide to business organizations and/or sponsors of our conferences or other events for promotional or marketing purposes.
- To disclose to a third party to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside of Hong Kong.
You can choose to "opt out" of any electronic mail by clicking the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the page.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT
We shall retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above.
All of this material is kept confidential and we will endeavor to protect it from unauthorized or accidental access or processing. We maintain this security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial means to secure your personal data. Our web servers are protected behind "firewalls" and our systems are monitored from time to time for unauthorized access.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION
Should you wish to be removed from our mailing database at any time, or if you feel we have inaccurate or outdated information about you, please contact us.
By contacting us you can update information about yourself, opt out of outside mailings, or choose to be removed from the list altogether.
If you have any questions about this Statement, our practices or your dealings with this site, please contact us. If you need to change your information, you can contact us for assistance.