Date Run: 15-Dec-2016
1. Outstanding debt excludes callable bonds.
2. Asia comprises North Asia, SE Asia and India Subcontinent. Nationality classification is based on the nationality of the guarantor if present, and otherwise on business nationality of the issuer parent.
3. Corporate debt includes investment grade debt issued by the following types of issuer: Industrial and Utility. Excludes Financials.
4. Total bond market issuance includes the following: corporate debt, securitized debt, sovereign debt, preferred shares, supranational debt, covered bonds, agency debt and medium term notes.
5. Sovereign debt includes Central Government issues only
- Deals with a maturity date of less than 18 months after settlement date.
- Non-underwritten deals.
- Bond exchange offers where existing debt is replaced and no new money is raised.
- Equity-linked units such as convertible debentures and convertible preferred shares.
- Federal credit agency auctioned reference bills, certificates of deposit and Money market transactions. Money market transactions are defined as bank notes, floating extendable liquid securities, negotiable certificates of deposits and commercial papers.
- Zero coupon bonds where the offer price is not disclosed.
Data provided by