ASIFMA Training Series Season 2: Asia Financial Markets Explained
Dates: Monthly, October 2021 – September 2022
Location: Webinar via Zoom (supported by exclusive access to the Series on ASIFMA Portal)
Following the highly successful pilot ASIFMA Training Series with more than 450 registrants from over 90 firms and supported by 17 Partner Organisations, we are excited to bring to you our Training Series Season 2!
- Series of monthly interactive training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the Asian financial industry
- Delivered by expert trainers from our network of leading Financial Institutions. Participants will be confident they are learning from a source accredited by the industry
- Aimed at getting junior and intermediate employees up to speed on emerging areas in financial markets within Asia (potentially also useful for senior professionals)
Monthly Training Session Format:
- Interactive virtual live training session of 60-90 mins in English
- Introduction to the topic in a dynamic format, including use of polling, Q&A and surveys
- Exclusive access to an online repository containing educational resources for each topic, including session presentation provided by the trainers, background materials and videos on-demand
The full list of topics is as follows.
- Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia (26 Oct 2021)
- Big Data Management and Analysis including AI (23 Nov 2021)
- China Financial Markets Explained (14 Dec 2021)
- The Pandemic – Policy Strategies and Financial Markets Impact (24 Jan 2022)
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) (15 Feb 2022)
- Tokenised Securities, Cryptocurrencies and CBDCs Explained (10 Mar 2022)
- Asset Management and Hedge Funds Explained (7 Apr 2022)
- Practical Applications of Blockchain and DLT in Capital Markets (24 May 2022)
- Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity (7 Jul 2022)
- Compliance Tips for Staying on the Right Side of the Regulator (4 Aug 2022)
- Navigating ASEAN Markets (22 Sep 2022)
- Global and Asian industry experts and senior representatives from our network of leading financial institutions from both the buy and sell side, including banks, asset managers, law firms, market infrastructure providers and consultancies who have been specifically selected for their knowledge and skills by ASIFMA directors and related member committees.
- ASIFMA is committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in our workplace and this policy is applied in all areas of our business including speaker roles at our trainings and conferences.
Topic 1: Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia
- Gabriel Wilson-Otto, Director, Sustainable Investing, Fidelity International
- Helge Muenkel, Managing Director, Head of Asia Pacific, Sustainable Finance & Global Capital Markets, ING
- Ronald Wu, Head of ESG & Sustainability Research, APAC, UBS
Topic 2: Big Data Management and Analysis including AI
- Celine Le Cotonnec, Chief Data and Innovation Officer, Bank of Singapore
- Ewan McAllan, Data Centre Of Excellence Lead, Asia, Morgan Stanley
- David Hardoon, Senior Advisor for Data and Artificial Intelligence, UnionBank of the Philippines
Topic 3: China Financial Markets Explained
- Vicky Tsai, Head of Securities Services, Citibank China
- Liyuan Xiao, Head of Integrated Franchise Trading (Greater China), Deutsche Bank
- Christina Ma, Head of Greater China Equities, Goldman Sachs
- Patrick Wong, Managing Director, Head of China Business Development and Client Management, Securities Services, HSBC
- Thomas Fang, Head of China Global Markets, UBS
Topic 4: The Pandemic – Policy Strategies and Financial Markets Impact
- Steve Wilford, Partner, Head of Global Risk Analysis, Asia-Pacific, Control Risks
- Simon Hawkins, Partner, Latham & Watkins
- Janine Canham, Chief Operating Officer, Sanford C. Bernstein
Topic 5: Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)
- Sameer Kaul, Director, Asia Equities Sales, Cantor Fitzgerald
- Jiaxing (Joe) Zhou, Joint Company Secretary, Chief Compliance Officer, Head of Legal and Compliance, CICC
- Won Lee, Partner, Shearman & Sterling
Topic 6: Tokenised Securities, Cryptocurrencies and CBDCs Explained
- Stewart Bell, Director, BNY Mellon
- Angelina Kwan, Senior Advisor to the Board, HashKey
- Natalie Curtis, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
Topic 7: Asset Management and Hedge Funds Explained
- Thijs Aaten, Chief Finance and Risk Officer, APG Asset Management Asia
- Nick Taylor, Citadel International Equities, Citadel
- Antoine de Saint Vaulry, Director, Regional Head of ETF Sales and Business Development, APAC, Citi
Topic 8: Practical Applications of Blockchain and DLT in Capital Markets
- Saurabh Tripathi, Senior Partner and Leader FIG in Asia Pacific, Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Chirdeep Singh Chhabra, Director, Head of Distributed Ledger Technologies, Securities Services, Citi
- Danny Wong, Director, MSS Transformation, HSBC
- Willy Lim, Global Advisory Lead – Digital Currencies and Capital Markets, R3
- Chester Chua, Head of APAC Financial Services Policy, Google Cloud
- Alex Roberts, Counsel, Linklaters
- Douglas Arner, Kerry Holdings Professor in Law, The University of Hong Kong
Topic 10: Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity
- Alvin Li, Senior Security Strategist, Amazon Web Services
- Grace Chong, Head of Financial Regulatory, Gibson Dunn
- Vignesh Karthic, Regional Head of Business Resiliency, APAC, Global Risk Management, Northern Trust
Topic 11: Compliance Tips for Staying on the Right Side of the Regulator
- Dr Rajeev Chib, CAO Financial Institutions Sales & Solutions, Asia Pacific, Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited
- Alex Duperouzel, Managing Director, ComplianceAsia
- William Hallatt, Partner, Gibson Dunn
Topic 12: Navigating ASEAN Markets
- Vikas Agrawal, Custody Product Head for ASEAN, Citi
- Louis Kuijs, Chief Economist, Asia Pacific, S&P Global Ratings
- For the entire Series: $150 USD for ASIFMA member firms and Partner Associations (original at $220); $180 USD for non-members (original at $270)
- Access is not transferrable between individuals and will be monitored both during the webinars and on the Portal.
- No refund will be provided after registration for cancellations.
- For bulk registrations (10 participants or more via a firm coordinator), a 20% discount on the total fees will be offered. See details here. You may contact email@example.com to check whether your firm has designated a registration coordinator yet.
- Those who attend at least 8 live webinar sessions as well as complete the requisite number of surveys will be issued with an electronic Proof of Attendance at the end of the series.
- Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) Continuous Professional Training (CPT) points will be granted for those located in Hong Kong for live sessions attended.
- Attendance at relevant live sessions counts as CPD activity for holders of HKMA Enhanced Competency Framework certifications with relevant job roles.
- Similar accreditation is being sought in other jurisdictions.
The Series Factsheet can be downloaded here. Please contact ASIFMA Education & Training Division at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.