Dates: Monthly, October 2021 – September 2022
Location: Webinar via Zoom (supported by exclusive access to the Series on ASIFMA Portal)
Following the highly successful pilot ASIFMA Training Series with more than 450 registrants from over 90 firms and supported by 17 Partner Organisations, we are excited to bring to you our Training Series Season 2!
- Series of monthly interactive training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the Asian financial industry
- Delivered by expert trainers from our network of leading Financial Institutions. Participants will be confident they are learning from a source accredited by the industry
- Aimed at getting junior and intermediate employees up to speed on emerging areas in financial markets within Asia (potentially also useful for senior professionals)
Monthly Training Session Format:
- Interactive virtual live training session of 60-90 mins in English
- Introduction to the topic in a dynamic format, including use of polling, Q&A and surveys
- Exclusive access to an online repository containing educational resources for each topic, including session presentation provided by the trainers, background materials and videos on-demand
The first monthly session on Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia will be held on Tuesday 26 October 2021. The full list of topics is as follows. (Note these are subject to change if more relevant topics emerge over the year).
- Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia (26 Oct 2021, 12nn-1:15pm HKT)
- Big Data Management and Analysis including AI (23 Nov 2021, 12nn-1pm HKT)
- China Financial Markets Explained (14 Dec 2021, 12nn-1:30pm HKT)
- The Pandemic – Policy Strategies and Financial Markets Impact (Jan 2022)
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACS) (Feb 2022)
- Tokenised Securities, Cryptocurrencies and CBDCs Explained (Mar 2022)
- Asset Management and Hedge Funds Explained (Apr 2022)
- Digitisation and Consequence of Greater Electronification (May 2022)
- Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity (Jul 2022)
- Compliance Tips for Staying on the Right Side of the Regulator (Aug 2022)
- Navigating ASEAN Markets (Sep 2022)
- Global and Asian industry experts and senior representatives from our network of leading financial institutions from both the buy and sell side, including banks, asset managers, law firms, market infrastructure providers and consultancies who have been specifically selected for their knowledge and skills by ASIFMA directors and related member committees.
- ASIFMA is committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in our workplace and this policy is applied in all areas of our business including speaker roles at our trainings and conferences.
Topic 1: Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia
- Gabriel Wilson-Otto, Director, Sustainable Investing, Fidelity International
- Helge Muenkel, Managing Director, Head of Asia Pacific, Sustainable Finance & Global Capital Markets, ING
- Ronald Wu, Head of ESG & Sustainability Research, APAC, UBS
Topic 2: Big Data Management and Analysis including AI
- Celine Le Cotonnec, Chief Data & Innovation Officer, Bank of Singapore
- David Hardoon, Senior Advisor for Data and Artificial Intelligence, UnionBank Philippines
Topic 3: China Financial Markets Explained
- Victor Xiao, Head of FX in Shanghai, Deutsche Bank
- Christina Ma, Head of Greater China Equities, Goldman Sachs
- Thomas Fang, Head of China Global Markets, UBS
- For the entire Series: $220 USD for ASIFMA member firms and Partner Associations; $270 USD for non-members
- Access is not transferrable between individuals and will be monitored both during the webinars and on the Portal.
- No refund will be provided after registration for cancellations.
- For bulk registrations (10 participants or more via a firm coordinator), a 20% discount on the total fees will be offered. See details here. You may contact email@example.com to check whether your firm has designated a registration coordinator yet.
- Those who attend at least 8 live webinar sessions as well as complete the requisite number of surveys will be issued with an electronic Proof of Attendance at the end of the series.
- Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) Continuous Professional Training (CPT) points will be granted for those located in Hong Kong for live sessions attended.
- Attendance at relevant live sessions counts as CPD activity for holders of HKMA Enhanced Competency Framework certifications with relevant job roles.
- Similar accreditation is being sought in other jurisdictions.