Welcome to the Asia Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association Limited (“ASIFMA”) website. As a membership organization, ASIFMA is interested in increasing our knowledge of who you are and what interests you. That way, we can communicate with you efficiently.
“Personal data” means any personally identifying information as more particularly defined in the Ordinance.
What We Collect
We collect and keep information about how to reach you (such as name, title, firm, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone and fax numbers), how to charge you for ASIFMA training series, events and conferences and information about which specific markets, functional areas, and types of information are pertinent to you. We use this to help provide you with information that’s useful to you, and to avoid bothering you with information that isn’t.
When We Collect It
Submission by you: This information is collected when you fill out forms including on-line forms and surveys, register/pay/attend one of our training series, conferences or webinars, or respond to one of our e-mail notices, provide us with your business card, write to us or give us information orally.
Submitting personal information is not required to use the ASIFMA website, except to access pass worded portions of the site.
Anonymous access and Cookies: When you visit our site but do not submit any personal data on-line, we may make a record of your visit by IP address and by Cookies.
What We Do With It
- Data collected with Order Forms/Registration Forms/Contact Information Forms: We’ll keep track of your address so that it’s easier for you to reregister or reorder. Other information is gathered so that we can communicate with you, bill you or ship products or information to you.
- When you ask for a Password: If you ’re asked for some information when you apply for a password to secure pages, it’s only used to generate a password and communicate it to you.
- If you ’re interested in Web page Subscriptions: When you subscribe to a page, we use your email address only to send you a notice when the page is updated.
- Information collected by IP address and by Cookies: This information is used by us for broad demographic data, to produce aggregated information about the number and types of visitors to our site and to ensure that we ’re delivering the information you want.
- The information you provide us with may also be used to help us identify the type of user you are, whether you are a representative of a member or non-member.
- You should be aware that, where you have consented or we are otherwise entitled to do so, your business contact information may also be provided to third party vendors that are sponsors of ASIFMA conferences. In addition, and where applicable, your payment details may be provided to our third party services providers (such as our payment processors) so that we can process your order(s).
- We, or our third party service providers, may disclose information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to respond to a subpoena or similar legal process, and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
- Subject to your rights and in accordance with standard business practices, ASIFMA and/or its third party services providers may use your data to monitor or analyse its business practices.
- Where you have consented, or where we are otherwise entitled to do so, your contact information may be used to send you information about ASIFMA or any of its associated third parties’ services that may be of interest to you by email. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us or our associated third parties by contacting us.
In a few carefully considered cases we will provide your personal data to reputable organisations (including other trade associations in Hong Kong or overseas) that we think may be of interest to people in the industry, or in very rare circumstances where we are judicially compelled to produce information.
You can choose to “opt out” of any electronic mailings at any time as provided under “How You Can Control Your Information,” below.
How long do we keep it
We shall retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above.
All of this material is kept confidential and we will endeavour to protect it from unauthorised or accidental access or processing. We maintain this security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial means to secure your personal data. Our web servers are protected behind “firewalls” and our systems are monitored from time to time for unauthorised access.
How You Can Control Your Information
Should you wish to be removed from our member database at any time, or if you feel we have inaccurate or outdated information about you, please contact us.
By contacting us you can update information about yourself, opt out of outside mailings, or choose to be removed from the list altogether.
If you have any questions about this Statement, our practices or your dealings with this site, please contact us. If you need to change your information and don’t have your member ID, you can contact us for assistance.