Partner & Head of Greater China
Peter Reynolds is a Partner and head of Oliver Wyman in Greater China, based in Hong Kong, where he moved in 2016 after 13 years with Oliver Wyman in New York and London. Peter has worked in depth with major financial services clients across Asia, the US, Europe and the Middle East. He also leads our sustainability platform for APR.
Peter is a member of our Finance & Risk practice, and currently sits on the Asia Pacific Leadership Team, Global Financial Services Leadership Team. His previous roles include Asia Finance & Risk practice lead; New York Office head; US Capital Markets Risk team leader; and co-Head of the Oliver Wyman Intellectual Capital committee.
Peter has worked on over 100 engagements; his recent work has focused on a range of Strategic, Digital, Risk, Finance and Capital Planning topics for Financial Services clients:
- Leading our work with Asia-based multilateral development banks in large infrastructure-related financing activities, from risk management to strategy
- Multiple projects with both private and state-owned banks in China on topics ranging from digitization to risk management
- Board-level projects for a number of clients, including Asia-based GSIFIs and leading market infrastructure players
- Leading our relationship with a top-5 global private equity firm, including multiple due diligence engagements across a spectrum of FS businesses
- Assistance for a major North Asian securities regulator in developing a digital approach to systematically capturing conduct and risk data to enhance their supervision of G-SIFIs in the market, and using data to measure systemic risk
- Support in redevelopment of retail credit models for a large Hong Kong-based banks, and ongoing dialogue and interaction with the HKMA
Peter holds a Bachelor’s degree from Oxford University in History and Economics, and an MBA with distinction from INSEAD. He joined the firm in London in 2004 from a strategy consulting firm