Anand Mohan Bajaj
Additional Secretary, Ministry of Finance, India
Anand Mohan Bajaj belongs to the 1990 batch of the lndian Audit and Accounts Service and brings 31 years of experience in the field of finance, financial markets and economic affairs. He is a CPA (USA) and a Chartered Accountant.
As Additional Secretary, he heads the Financial Markets Division in the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance. His important responsibilities include policy matters relating to
- Development and Regulation of the Securities Market in lndia
- Primary and Secondary financial markets
- Protection of the interests of investors in securities market
- Foreign Portfolio investments and External Commercial Borrowings
- Development and regulation of international Financial Services Centre at Gandhinagar
His previously held positions included: o Chair of the Audit Operations Committee at United Nations Board of Auditors at New York o Director General in the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of lndia Joint Secretary (Financial Markets) and Director (External Markets), Ministry of Finance.