Director General; Chair of the Task Force on Sustainable Finance
Finansinspektionen (Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority); IOSCO
Since 2015, Erik Thedéen has been Director General at Finansinspektionen, the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. In his capacity, he is also:
- Member of the Board of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
- Chair of the Task Force on Sustainable Finance within IOSCO
- Member of the Standing Committee on Supervisory and Regulatory Cooperation within the Financial Stability Board (FSB)
- Member of the General Board at the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB)
- Member of the Board of Supervisors and the Management Board at the
European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
- Member of the Swedish Government’s Committee for Technological Innovation and Ethics (Komet).
Before joining the Swedish FSA, Erik Thedéen held several key positions within the private financial sector, following a distinguished career in public policy and financial regulation. Thedéen has held positions as CEO of the Swedish pension Company KPA Pension, State Secretary at the Swedish Ministry of Finance, President of Nasdaq OMX Nordic Stockholm, strategist at Brummer & Partners, Deputy Director General of the Swedish National Debt Office, an analyst at JP Bank, and a trader/analyst at Sveriges Riksbank (the Swedish central bank).
Erik Thedéen holds a Master’s degree in economics from the Stockholm School of Economics.