Jia Ning Song
Partner – Deputy Head of Advisory, Hong Kong
Ning is the Head of Advisory – Hong Kong for KPMG China. In this role, he defines and oversees the execution of the firm’s advisory strategy with a focus on serving top global and Chinese financial services clients, government bodies and corporate firms. He regularly advises the firm’s top clients on their China market expansion strategies, oversees the HK IFC corridor activities and chairs key strategic initiatives including financial services innovation, Wealth Management, data to digital transformation and the continued development of the Greater Bay agenda.
Ning continues to lead the Banking Advisory business where he oversees over 600 advisory professionals whom focus on advising clients on their regional growth initiatives and complex cross jurisdictional transformation projects. He continues to personally drive discussions with regional clients and key stakeholders on promoting a number of strategic market thematic and regulatory agenda including Best Execution, Market Conduct, Front Office Supervision and more recently, RegTech and broader financial innovation.
Professional and industry experience
- Ning has led a number of regulatory investigation, compliance and enforcement cases and associated business transformation reviews centered on wealth management, trading and investing businesses. Advisor to regional regulators on market thematic and regulatory reform topics.
- He has extensive experience advising clients on transformation projects focused on pragmatic adoption of RegTech and innovative AI based solutions inclusive of NLP, Machine Learning and Intelligent Automation.
- Onshore China experience include assisting banks, securities firms and wealth / asset managers with their onshore expansion strategies, technology and operational footprint and core system and process implementation. His clients include the very first onshore SJV as well as the first foreign majority owned securities and banking operations.
- Specialist experience in regulatory investigations focusing on wealth management, sales and trading wholesale conduct risk, Best Execution, Conflicts of Interest, affiliate trade booking and remote supervision models, trader mandates and desk setup target operating models, trading risk management practices, retail market making practices, structured product originations and strategic design and implementation of onshore Chinese securities joint ventures and incorporation structures.
- Ning current serves on the Board of a NGO promoting Global Environmental Protection and Sustainability. He previously served as the co-chair of Financial Service Committee for the American Chamber of Commerce and is a frequent speaker and mentor to China based students and aspiring financial professionals.
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – AICPA
- Executive MBA, Columbia University, London Business School, Hong Kong University
- Bachelor in Accounting and Finance, concentration in Evolutionary Biology, University of Connecticut – Honors Scholar