ASIFMA Virtual Event: Best Foot Forward: Managing Regulation-driven Market Fragmentation in Asia
Overview of the Event
Title: Best Foot Forward: Managing Regulation-driven Market Fragmentation in Asia
Date: Thursday, 25 February 2021
Time: 4:00pm-5:30pm (HKT/SGT) | Time Zone Converter
CPT Hours: 1.5 (SFC). To qualify for this, participants are required to attend the entire event.
(HK$150 event registration fee will be applied for participants who request for an electronic Proof of Attendance.)
Areas to cover:
- What is regulatorily driven market fragmentation, and why is it so significant an issue in Asia-Pacific?
- From capital and liquidity issues to sustainable finance and data and policy law, where are the biggest concerns?
- What is the impact on markets and end-users? How are firms coping?
- What is being done through the policy making lifecycle to address market fragmentation?
- What have we learnt through the COVID-19 crisis so far that could inform how we look at regulatorily driven market fragmentation in future?
4:00pm-4:05pm Welcome Remarks
4:05pm-4:20pm Keynote Address
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
4:20pm-5:20pm Panel Discussion
Vice Minister for International Affairs, JFSA and Chair
IOSCO Asia Pacific Regional Committee
|Lee Boon Ngiap
Assistant Managing Director and Head of the Capital Markets Group
Monetary Authority Singapore and Member of IOSCO Board
Managing Director, Co-Head, Government Affairs Asia Pacific
Managing Director, Group Government Affairs
Partner and Head of Greater China
Executive Director – Head of Policy and Regulatory Affairs
5:20pm-5:30pm Closing Remarks
Head of Regulation & Market Structure