Minny Siu (2019 CCMC)
King & Wood Mallesons
Minny Siu is a partner in our Hong Kong office where she specialises in:
- general financial regulatory developments in Hong Kong and China. She is a core partner in representing financial market participants on various virtual on-boarding, e-KYC and innovative APP development and documentation projects, including virtual bank licensing matters pursuant to the HKMA’s latest smart banking initiatives
- payment and settlement system related issues in Asia Pacific
- financial products infrastructure projects and product platforms developments in Hong Kong and China
- regulatory issues relating to RQFII, QDIIs and cross-border RMB settlement related issues, and the offering/ marketing of securities in the Asia-Pacific region generally
- Minny is an active participant in various industry working groups and committees, including the Capital Markets Committee of ASIFMA, a working group for an industry paper of FSDC and the regulatory committee member of Investment Fund Association and the Offshore RMB Working Group (since 2013)
Minny has been working closely with leading market players in Hong Kong, as well as a new wave of FinTech innovators on the establishment of tech-driven product platforms and infrastructures, to drive traditional banking and financial services and products as part of Hong Kong’s transformation into an e-Smart City under the new era of regulatory initiatives.
Minny speaks Cantonese, Mandarin and English, and is qualified to advice on Hong Kong and English laws.
Clients describe Minny within Chambers Asia 2017 “Extensive regulatory expertise, especially in relation to OTC derivatives and securitisation transactions.” Clients single [Minny] out for her “practicality and user-friendly advice.”