Head of Strategy and Chief of Staff China
- Stephen Davison was appointed the head of J.P. Morgan’s China Strategy and Chief of Staff to the China CEO in 2018.
- In this role, Stephen is responsible for evolving and executing on J.P. Morgan’s franchise strategy in China across all lines of business and additionally is directly accountable for overseeing the Technology & Operations strategy for China. Stephen is also a Director of J.P. Morgan’s locally incorporated Bank in China (J.P. Morgan Chase Bank (China) Co Ltd) and J.P. Morgan’s new majority owned securities company in China
- Prior to this role Stephen was the global head of Equities Product Management and Data & Analytics, responsible for managing the Equities business platform and technology strategy and leading a global Data & Analytics transformation program
- Stephen was previously the Equities Senior Business Manager for J.P. Morgan in Asia Pacific, a Director and Chairman of J.P. Morgan Securities (Far East) Limited and J.P. Morgan Securities Broking (HK) Limited and a member of the Asia Equities Executive Committee. He was also co-chair of the Asia Securities Industry & Financial Market Association (ASIFMA) Equities Committee
- Stephen joined J.P. Morgan in 2004 in London after working as a Technology Lawyer in private practice and industry and has worked in a variety of roles in Markets Businesses over a 16 year period.
- He holds a Bachelor of Arts and Law from the University of Queensland, Australia. Stephen was born and raised in Hong Kong, educated in Australia and currently spends his time between J.P. Morgan’s offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing.