ASIFMA Annual Conference: Developing Asia’s Capital Markets
1-2 November 2018, Singapore
Overview of the Event
Building on the successful and high momentum in the industry, ASIFMA Annual Conference was an industry-wide event, providing a unique opportunity for global and regional policy makers, high-level regulators and industry representatives from both sell-side and buy-side firms to meet and discuss important issues impacting the development of Asia’s capital markets.
Well-established as a cornerstone industry event, ASIFMA Annual Conference spanned two days and attracted over 400 high-caliber participants from within the region and around the globe. Continuing the collaboration from last year, we once again worked in conjunction with the EU-Asia Financial Services Forum hosted by Securities Commission Malaysia and co-organized with the European Commission that took place in Malaysia on 31 October 2018 (the day prior to our annual event, and one-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore). As such, many of the heads of regulatory agencies in Asia and senior EU Commission officials were in town and this substantially increased the overall profile of this year’s event.
Aligning this annual event, ASIFMA and Afore Consulting co-hosted the EU-Asia Financial Services Dinner Reception in a separate venue (Aura Sky Lounge, National Gallery Singapore) for selected senior regulators, institutional investors and dinner sponsors on Day 1 evening.
Download the Conference Review
Download the Factsheet
|Dates:||Thursday-Friday, 1-2 November 2018|
|Location:||Marina Mandarin Hotel Singapore – Marina Mandarin Ballroom, Level 1 (6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square, Singapore 039594)|
|Objective:||This flagship annual event of ASIFMA is a high-level, industry-wide event, providing a unique opportunity for global and regional policy makers, senior regulators and industry representatives from both sell side and buy side to meet and discuss important issues impacting the development of Asia’s capital markets.|
|Program format:||Two-day conference with keynote speeches, panels, concurrent roundtables and networking sessions.|
|Speaker:||Global and Asian policy makers, regulators, central banks, industry experts and senior representatives from sell-side and buy-side communities.|
|Sponsorship:||To effectively engage this esteemed audience and connect with the global and regional community, various sponsorship packages with speaking slot inclusion and advertising opportunities are open to ASIFMA members and non-members for more brand and marketing exposure as well as increasing lead generation.|
|Delegate profile:||Expecting 400-500 high-level regulators, policy makers, industry experts, sell-side and buy-side representatives, initially by invitation and then marketed to a wider audience.|
|Marketing:||The conference is promoted through engagement of ASIFMA members in Asia and internationally, and by leveraging the contacts and connections of the conference Endorsers and|
|Media Contact:||The conference is open to the media except EU-Asia Financial Service Dialogue and EU-Asia Financial Services Dinner Reception on 1 Nov 2018 as well as Afternoon Concurrent Workshops on 2 Nov 2018. For all media inquiry, please contact our Head of Communication, Corliss Ruggles, at email@example.com.|
|ASIFMA Contact:||Michelle Cheung, Head of Events and Conferences at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
The full program was as follows:
DAY 1: Thursday 1 November 2018
|09:30||10:20||Panel 1||Perspectives on the Global Regulatory Agenda and the Impact on Asia|
|10:50||11:40||Panel 2||Impact of Macro-economic and Geopolitical Situation on Capital Markets|
|11:30||12:30||Panel 3||What will Capital Markets Look Like in 2025? - The Future of the Industry|
|ASSET MANAGEMENT SESSION|
|13:30||14:15||CEO Panel||State of the Industry in Asia|
|14:15||15:00||Panel AM1||Investment Performance and Accountability|
|15:30||16:15||Panel AM2||Opportunities in ASEAN Markets|
|16:15||17:00||Panel AM3||ETF Development in Asia|
|EU-ASIA FINANCIAL SERVICES DIALOGUE|
|14:15||15:00||Session I||FinTech Innovation and Regulation- an Asian and European Approach|
|15:30||16:15||Session II||Equivalence in the Context of Brexit and Beyond- How to Get It Right?|
|16:15||17:00||Session III||Prudential and Conduct Regulation - Which Spill-over Effects for Which Results?|
|EU-ASIA FINANCIAL SERVICES DINNER AND RECEPTION||CO-HOSTED BY AFORE CONSULTING (By invitation only)|
|18:00||19:00||Reception (and Guests Check-in)|
|19:00||19:15||Welcome Remarks (and Guests Seated)|
|19:15||19:30||Keynote Address 1|
|19:30||19:45||Keynote Address 2|
DAY 2: Friday 2 November 2018
|MORNING BREAK-OUT SESSION - STREAM A|
|09:00||09:45||Panel A1||China Equity Markets Amidst a Disrupted World Order|
|09:45||10:30||Panel A2||China Debt Markets in the Current Economic Climate|
|11:00||11:45||Panel A3||Accessing India Financial Markets: Onshore vs Offshore|
|11:45||12:30||Panel A4||Operations - Implications of Regional and Global Market Shifts in Middle and Back Office|
|12:30||13:15||Panel A5||Trends in Global IPO Reform: The Impact on Asia|
|MORNING BREAK-OUT SESSION - STREAM B|
|09:00||09:45||Panel B1||Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Localisation: The Future, Confounding Fintech|
|09:45||10:30||Panel B2||The Challenges Facing COOs: Balancing Regulatory Compliance with Evolving Business Models in a Cost Constrained Environment|
|11:00||11:45||Panel B3||AI, Big Data and Machine Learning: Science Fiction or Reality|
|11:45||12:30||Panel B4||Crypto Currencies and ICOs|
|12:30||13:15||Panel B5||ESG Finance: Measuring the Impact and Growing the Market|
|AFTERNOON CONCURRENT WORKSHOPS|
|14:15||15:15||Workshop 1||European Benchmarks Regulation: Are There Potential Solutions for Asian Jurisdictions and Regulators?|
|Workshop 2||Individual Accountability Regimes and Conduct: How will These Develop in Asia?|
|Workshop 3||Regulatory Reporting: What is the Future? Will We Have to Report the Same Data Only Once?|
|15:20||16:20||Workshop 4||Use of Public Cloud in the Financial Services Industry: Will Regulators Become More Flexible in Allowing its Use?|
|Workshop 5||Instant Messaging: Are There Solutions for Regulatory Compliance?|
|Workshop 6||Driving Diversity in the Financial Services Sector: What Does It Actually Mean in Asia?|
|16:20||16:30||Wrap Up and Closing|
We were honored to have confirmed the following distinguished speakers for the conference.
- All Speakers
- Welcome Remarks
- Panel 1: Perspectives on the Global Regulatory Agenda and the Impact on Asia
- Panel 2: Impact of Macro-economic and Geopolitical Situation on Capital Markets
- Panel 3: What will Capital Markets Look Like in 2025? - The Future of the Industry
- CEO Panel: State of the Industry in Asia
- Panel AM1: Investment Performance and Accountability
- Panel AM2: Opportunities in ASEAN Markets
- Panel AM3: ETF Development in Asia
- Session I: FinTech Innovation and Regulation- an Asian and European Approach
- Session II: Equivalence in the Context of Brexit and Beyond- How to Get It Right?
- Session III: Prudential and Conduct Regulation - Which Spill-over Effects for Which Results?
- Closing Address
- Panel A1: China Equity Markets Amidst a Disrupted World Order
- Panel A2: China’s Debt Markets in the Current Economic Climate
- Panel A3: Accessing India Financial Markets: Onshore vs Offshore
- Panel A4: Operations - Implications of Regional and Global Market Shifts in Middle and Back Office
- Panel A5: Trends in Global IPO Reform: The Impact on Asia
- Panel B1: Cybersecurity; Privacy and Data Localisation: The Future; Confounding Fintech
- Panel B2: The Challenges Facing COOs: Balancing Regulatory Compliance with Evolving Business Models in a Cost Constrained Environment
- Panel B3: AI; Big Data and Machine Learning: Science Fiction or Reality
- Panel B4: Crypto Currencies and ICOs
- Panel B5: ESG Finance: Measuring the Impact and Growing the Market
- Workshop 1: European Benchmarks Regulation: Are There Potential Solutions for Asian Jurisdictions and Regulators?
- Workshop 2: Individual Accountability Regimes and Conduct: How will These Develop in Asia?
- Workshop 3: Regulatory Reporting: What is the Future? Will We Have to Report the Same Data Only Once?
- Workshop 4: Use of Public Cloud in the Financial Services Industry: Will Regulators Become More Flexible in Allowing its Use?
- Workshop 5: Instant Messaging: Are There Solutions for Regulatory Compliance?
- Workshop 6: Driving Diversity in the Financial Services Sector: What Does It Actually Mean in Asia?
- Closing Remarks
For ASIFMA Annual Conference 2018 -cum- EU-Asia Financial Services Dialogue and Dinner on 1-2 Nov 2018 in Singapore, the pre-registration system has been closed. All new interested parties will be considered as last-minute walk-in guests and please note the following arrangements for these requests:
1. Change your registration / Share your transferable conference pass
Go to the event venue on-site. Tell our receptionist there whom you replace. Present your business card. Our receptionist will manage the change of name on the original pass.
2. Add a delegate to the conference
Additional admission pass can be bought at the reception desk of the event venue on-site. Delegate fee will apply. We accept cash payment in SGD and HKD only given the last-minute request. An official receipt will be sent to you via email after the event upon request.
On-site Delegate Fee:
*Members of ASIFMA, Guests of Conference Sponsors, Endorsers and Afore Consulting – SGD1,180 / HKD6,630 (equivalent to USD850)
*Non-Members – SGD1,390 / HKD7,800 (equivalent to USD1,000)
No more complimentary pass is available except for approved regulator, institutional investor and corporate treasurer.
3. Add a delegate to the dinner
The EU-Asia Financial Services Dinner is by invitation only. Please submit an application to email@example.com for approval, and an admission dinner fee may apply.
4. Cancel a registration
Send your confirmation of cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org and ASIFMA will follow up accordingly.
5. Find out more event details
The conference is open to the media except EU-Asia Financial Service Dialogue and EU-Asia Financial Services Dinner Reception on 1 Nov 2018 as well as Afternoon Concurrent Workshops on 2 Nov 2018. For all media inquiry, please contact our Head of Communication, Corliss Ruggles, at email@example.com.
ASIFMA reserves the right to revoke registration or deny access to the event. ASIFMA reserves the right to remove, bar, or expel any attendee or guest from the conference for disruptive, disrespectful, or possibly illegal conduct, statements, or actions or for any reason which may tarnish the conference, ASIFMA, or its members, in ASIFMA’s sole discretion.